Monday, October 12, 2009

My "dining room" project!

We have a room that is suppose to be the dining room. I decided to turn it into a piano/sitting room. It took a while!
First, the primer and painting as it was painted a very dark brown. This took several days, maybe even weeks. The boys helped me do some of the primer, which Dave said was crazy, but we all had a great time. I have to admit, there are a few sections of that wall where you can tell there was some heavy primer and paint brush marks. Luckily, that's behind the sofa. Then, there was the taping and the painting and the taping and theh painting and then all the touch-ups. It was exhausting. Then the piano purchase, which was a project in and of itself. Then I was ready for the furniture!!! I needed help to pick it out and luckily my parents came to visit. My dad is amazing! He helped me pick some pieces and we put it all together. Thanks Dad! Next came the walls. We have a military theme and I was able to mix some Revolutionary War prints with shadow boxes from Dave's military decorations and his Great Grandfather's. I was also able to add the citation and flag we received from our adopted Navy SEAL, Batman, who was serving in Iraq. All in all, I think it turned out well and thought I would share.

It was a fun project and I'm happy with the results!

2 comments:

Chaunda and Jeremy said...

Bec! Your room looks amazing!! I love it. Very nice job. Maybe you can come out and help me decorate my house!!

Rebekah said...

IT'S BEAUTIFUL!! I wish I could come see it! I LOVE your military theme!